Did you know that 76% of adults who volunteer say they feel healthier? Moreover, 78% say it helps lower their stress levels. With those kinds of stats, why not be an Indianapolis hospice volunteer with Paradigm Living Concepts? It does a body good.
Hospice volunteers are an essential part of our team. They are specially trained individuals, who provide assistance to patients, their families and the hospice team. They do not provide direct patient care, give medications or make medical decisions. As an invaluable resource they bring a friendly smile, warm conversation, a hand to hold or or welcome respite for a family.
Tasks hospice volunteers can assist with:
- Converstation companionship
- A listening ear for cherished memories
- Someone to play cards or games with
- Assistance with letter writing or help recording a patient’s life story
- Hugs or hold a hand
- Reading companionship
- Gardening and yard work help
- Help feeding a pet
- Help preparing meals for grieving families
- Baking a cake or a treat
- Making flower arrangements for hospice patients
- Massage therapy
- Giving a manicure
- Taking a patient on a nature walk
- Singing along for music therapy
- Art therapy
- Assisting with events
- Bereavement support
- Community outreach
- Using your own talents to support hospice families (knitting and quilting for example)
Becoming a hospice volunteer is easy. There is no experience needed and training is provided. Many opportunities abound – days, nights and weekends. You can volunteer for a few hours a week, a couple hours a month or as a one time opportunity. Touching a life really is so simple – you just have to care, listen and be there. Come join our team of Hoosiers caring for Hoosiers as a hospice volunteer.
Contact us for next steps.